We awoke and drove about another 5 hours north to Tamale. As soon as we dropped off our bags we went to this shop, owned by Margaret who is Kate and Luuk's friend. We got quite a bit from here. She had some beautiful cloth that she dyed and stamped herself.
The only other thing I want to note about Tamale is that while eating breakfast at the guesthouse, we were watching the BBC news. They shared some news from the US and the one that I want to comment on is that they said the fastest growing holiday market is for dogs (or other pets I'm sure). They even interviewed a woman who worked at a dog apparel shop. She said that when the dogs come in we let them pick out their own clothes because they enjoy picking out their clothes just as much as we do! We were a little ashamed to say the least. It was hard to witness the shocked looks on the faces of the other non-american guests because hey there are so many homeless and starving people here, yet in the states people are spending loads of moola on animals. Just a thought.



3 comments:
I am JEALOUS... what AMAZING PHOTOS! Now we are talking... I mean the writing is cool and all, but to actually see the photos of your interaction with the natives is unbelieveable. You are really there. The proof is in the pudding. I love it, love it, love it. Keep posting! Gimme gimme gimme, I need I need I need... Thanks Bob.
I love it. The dancing is great. I wish there was a video though. That would've been very entertaining.
I am always amazed to read your blog and to see what your family is doing!! WOW is all I can say.
I have to agree with you about the dog thing. Kind of makes me sick that people spoil animals and even consider taking care of dogs on par with caring for children. Don't get me started...
I agree with Tracey, keep the pictures coming!!
And stay safe :)
Post a Comment