Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas Day/Kumasi

So we woke up and took our annual Christmas morning pictures. We didn't have any stairs so the bed had to do. I also wanted to show off our mosquito nets that cover our beds. We sleep in these EVERY night. YOu know what? I kinda like it! This is the first day of our vacation and we travelled to Kumasi and stayed in an awesome hotel. (well, awesome for Ghana!) It took us about 5 hours to get there. We decided to go for a walk in the streets to shop and find a place to eat.

We chose the Sambra Hotel Restaurant. It was yummy! There was 9 of us in total. 7 adults and 2 kids. These are our cute friends who travelled with us to Tamale. This is Luuk and Kate. And they live in Accra. They are so much fun and really added some spark to our trip.
This is Ganisha and Adriana. They're Ana's friends who travelled all the way from California to visit Ana and check out Ghana. They are two silly, smart, and extremely beautiful girls. Sorry Aud! I caught you while chewing!
Craig and Spencer. (Spence got bored and found some lightbulbs in a cabinet and just went to town.)
Me, Rachel, and Ana. I bought this shirt from a material vendor on the street. Too bad it was made in China! Someday I'll get an authentic made in Ghana shirt!
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Samye said...

I love that you guys are doing a blog!! It is so nice to keep up with what you are doing! I love all the pics, it looks like you guys are having an amazing time! We sure miss you here in B-town but keep those pics coming!!

Mad Queen said...

Looks like you are meeting lots of people, not just natives. I hope your kids are old enough to remember this experience. Spencer might be too little? SOOOOOOO my advice... take lots of pictures! But of course that is my motto for life. I love the netting around the bed... do you feel like a PRINCESS? I think you just may be.

love you guys!