Monday, January 28, 2008

A Great Man.........








This morning I woke up like any other day, but today was different. I received word that our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints had passed away last night. What an amazing man. He's the only prophet I really remember. A great example for anyone to follow, especially a budding teenager. I was 15 years old when he became prophet. I know that the next prophet will also be a great man, but Pres. Hinckley will be greatly missed.










I'm thankful to be a member of this church. I know God lives. I know that I am a daughter of God and that we're all his children. I'm so thankful that his son Jesus Christ loved me enough to come to Earth to die for my sins.
I hope that I can live worthy enough in this life to return to live with our Heavenly parents and Jesus Christ. I would like to live worthy enough to be able to see Pres. Hinckley once again as well.
Although I don't know what paradise will look like, these pictures seem pretty heavenly. I'm sure that these beautiful places can't even compare with the paradise that is waiting for us all.

2 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Oh, that was sweet! I like how you bore your testimony with these beautiful and peaceful photos. Perfect. It is sad. Pres. Hinckley will be greatly missed. Who is next in line? Glenn said Packard?

Megan said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. He will be missed. . .