Man! I just typed this out and then it deleted it! okay, so in short, we haven't blogged for awhile because our managers didn't pay the bill. After 2 days of trying to contact them and then 2 days of 'I'm coming' (a phrase used here that means that they are coming but it might take a day or two or a week) they finally came to collect our bill and told us that they hadn't paid the internet bill yet and that's why it was turned off. Of course we said we'd only pay for the days that the internet worked and no argument. West Africa Wins Again is a phrase that Craig likes to use for the times when things happen here that are very common for Ghana and Africa for that matter, but would never happen back home. And there is NOTHING you can do about it. Like the legal system here, the police, just everything! So I've done my batik (bateek) class and went to a bead market and factory so I have many pictures to share!
love to you all!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
okay, I LOVE your new entry photo... so very cool... your blog looks super savy now! And I have to laugh at your West Africa Wins because we have a saying here in Japan that all of the foreigners use, "tje" typical japan experience. Many things also happen here that would never happen in the states and so when it does, intead of ripping your hair out in frustration, you just say tje, It helps to remind yourself you are in a foreign country! Fun times.
Post a Comment