Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm so thankful!

Right now at this moment, I am thankful for a few things.
1. Guacamole. The fact that I can find all the fresh ingredients (including cilantro, called coriander here) in Ghana just makes me happy. There are no chips unless you want a reallly small bag for like 10 bucks. They don't always have them either. This day, I was very happy! We eat guacamole with plantain chips. Fried plantain instead of potato.


My friend Ana left for a 3 week safari camping trip tour in 4 different countries and when she left, she gave me some things that I have just been living without. I guess I just didn't realize what I was missing out on, but MAN!!! I got to actually sit and shave my legs with shaving cream!!! Not just soap and water. I had been just shaving with water only in the shower and it just wasn't cuttin' it. Oh, man was I happy!
She also left me these. Girl shampoo! Real girl shampoo. We've been using head and shoulders this whole time and it's okay, but it just doesn't smell very good. I had forgotten what yummy shampoo smelled like! Oh for once I actuallly smelled good!!!! I couldn't stop smelling my hair. I look forward to every shower now just so that I can wash my hair!!!!
Also, now that harmatan is over, we can see the clouds again. Big, puffy, white, beautiful clouds. Not to mention blue blue sky. During the harmatan there is just a white film of dust that covers the sky and blocks the sun so it look hazy and dingy white in the sky. It was this way since December and finally lifted in April!


3 comments:

Ute Family said...

Your friend is so lucky...I want to go on a safari so badly! Maybe one day!

Glad you feel a bit more womanly lately with all of your girly products :)

Anonymous said...

so ummm... several things have changed regarding my plans... long story... but now i'm in zanzibar. i'll tell you all about it later, glad the shave cream and shampoo are being enjoyed :)

Ola said...

It's pretty amazing how little things can change your whole attitude and point of view on things... :)