Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nzulezo

Is that not the cutest thing ever! He was just walking around so proudly.


Cute little girl with her beads.

I couldn't resist! Look how cute he is!

view of lake from village
The village was very small. Just one main walkway with little walkways off of it here and there.

The kids followed us everywhere and you saw adults laying around everywhere sleeping or just watching us. How do they make income? Tourism. You have to pay to do the tour and then they also ask for donations when you get there to help pay for teachers for their schools. We're also paying them to lay around and do nothing to make money. Oh well. at least they are fed right!
This little girl begged a coupld of us to take her picture. she liked (all the children did) to see herself on our cameras.

Craig and Susan are in a church. i think they said that there was like 4 different churches in the village of different faiths.

A football pitch. The 2 sticks at the end are the goals. During the dry season this area is dry ground and they can play. So they only get to play 6 months out of the year.


More children.

These girls were begging Craig to take their picture and he had the camcorder. They didn't understand that they couldn't just look at their picture, so he had me come over to take their picture to show them. they were mad that he wouldn't take their picture!
This little girl loved Spencer. She practically greeted us off the boats.

A classroom.
This was our guide.

I love this little girl!!! Oh she was soo cute. See her beads? She has on a thick yellow bead at her waiste. All little girls starting from infancy wear these as I explained in a previous blog. BUT infants also wear beads on their legs near the knee and sometimes on their arms near the elbow. Only girls do this. The reason I was told was so that their legs didn't get too fat. Now, I have seen some pretty chunky babies there who looked as if their blood circulation could be cut off at any moment. You can see her leg beads in this. Once they start walking I think the beads come off.

This is the little girl who loved Spencer. she walked him around for a little while.

Rachel petting someone's pet monkey. Sorry mom, she started before I could get to her. At least she didn't get yellow fever :>

No comments: