Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just randomness....

Rachel felt sick one night so we gave her a bucket for 'just in case' and put her to bed. A little while later we went in to check in on her and this is how we found her. She was dead asleep with the bucket tucked under her chin. I guess she thought she might let it go while sleeping and this way she could be prepared. We had a good laugh. When she awoke I explained that she doesn't have to literally sleep with the buckets. :)
Meet Pooh Bear. Let's just say that pooh bear was VERY dirty as in he was brown. I waited until it was a good time to wash him. We had forgotten how yellow he was suppose to be! Spencer wasn't allowed to play with him until he had completely dried. Obviously he was very happy. Unfortunately it didn't last long, he was dirty within 2 weeks. Oh well. Actually now that I look at it, this is Pooh Bear dirty. Nevermind...
I found a distant (very distant) cousin in Ghana. The mission president here was Pres. Brockbank. We have the same great great great grandfather. Actually it's his 3great I think and like my 4great. ANYWAY, this is his daughter Brynna. She came for 5 weeks and we had a blast swimming at Sally's house every Monday!


One of the retired footballers and the most famous one too is C.K. Gyamfi. This is he and his wife. Craig interviewed him a couple of times because he was just a great talker. They wanted to meet us (Craig's family) so we all came and his wife taught me how to make light soup. Pretty cool. We all ate a huge lunch together. I really enjoyed getting to know them.



Craig and C.K.







1 comment:

Ute Family said...

I just have to say that you have the perfect personality to go on a crazy adventure like that. I probably would've been to shy, scared, paranoid and retarded to know how to do anything or go anywhere. You seemed to just jump right in and do wonderfully. Good for you! Glad you're blogging about all of it. I feel like I was there in a way :)