This is the weirdest bug I've ever seen. Spencer had something in his hair. We had just returned from church. I went to get it out and it looked like a sticker. Weird, they never have stickers at church. It was gold shiny like those foil stickers. I picked it out of his hair and it stuck to my finger just like a sticker. So when I lifted it closer to peel it off of my finger, it moved. What? Of course I start screaming like a 10 year old girl, jumping up and down trying to shake it off my finger. Craig comes in and I start waving my hand in his face telling him to get it off! It pulls it off and holds it in his hand so that we can all look at it. So it had the gold foil shiny body that was in the shape of a turtle and a hard exterior circular clear shell that protected the entire body, except for underneath. That was how we could tell it was a bug because underneath you could see the legs. after a while it let it's antennae out. It could also fly, crawl, and stick hard to you like a sticker. is that not weird. We kept it for a couple of days to show our friends and then let it go. I guess were lucky it didn't have any weird diseases.
Look very carefully in this picture to see it's antennae on the left side.
Oh Ana......and your obsession with the Japanese tourist picture! She was determined to teach my children the art of this picture. This is Spencer giving it his best. The hat, well that was just a crazy prop.
Ana. the hat is a weaved grass hat that the market women wear to protect them from the sun. I really wish that I had gotten a picture of a woman with her hat on, but I never dared to take my camera into a market.



1 comment:
That is disgusting...yuck. It looks like a turtle that has been dipped in wax. I would have freaked out too! I hate bugs!
Post a Comment