Sunday, November 23, 2008

More fun pictures

Some elders in our ward that we had over for dinner. Elder Ukoha from Nigeria is on the left and Elder Malaney from Hawaii is on the right. They lived with 2 other elders in a tiny apartment off the gutter. Poor guys. They invited their other roommates (from Utah and Idaho) to come too. I had said that I was going to make tacos and they were pretty excited since you just can't find Mexican food there. I made homemade guacamole and salsa (thank you Flori). Elder Ukoha really liked the food and said that it was my job to help him find a Mexican woman to be his wife because he wanted to eat food like that more often. They were lots of fun! Of course Craig would sit there and give them all updates about American sports, which was like Christmas for them.

Sister Cardon (her husband is in the West Africa Area Presidency) bought this painting and had it in her home. I just think that it is one of the most beautiful paintings I've ever seen. I loved it!
So the church expats had a summer party. It was to say farewell to all those who would be leaving that summer and also welcome to those who had just arrived for service. You can imagine my surprise when I get there to discover that someone else had my same shirt (just different styles). This is the temple president, Pres. Riding. His wife also has a dress made out of the material and was going to wear it that same night and decided against it. She approached me and said, "Oh you're wearing the same shirt as my husband! I should have worn my dress, now everyone will think you're together!" I was thinking, "Great, I'm wearing the same shirt as a 70? year old man!" We all laughed and I just told everyone that I was his daughter or granddaughter. Sister Hill--you better not tell everyone at scriptures that I just said that!

Me and the neighbor girls. I sure do miss them.


Rachel with some amazing pots.






This is a kente weaver and a much better demonstration than the other video I put in previously. Aren't they amazing.




1 comment:

Ute Family said...

What amazing people they are. I still can't believe that you lived there! I'm sure that will be an experience you will NEVER forget. Hopefully your kids weren't too young to not remember!