Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ghanaian Dresses





So of course I'm going to have some Ghanaian dresses made for myself and Rachel. These dresses were made by my neighbor. She doesn't even use a pattern! When I went to church in my dress sooooo many people came up to me and said, "oh! You look like an African woman or you look like a Ghanaian woman!!!" "so nice!" It was the first time that I had that many people talking to me at the ward. Most ignore me, so it was nice! NOt ignore me...I'm in primary so nobody knows me! The next week when I wore one of my American dresses, some guy approached me and asked why i wasn't wearing my Ghanaian dress because it was just so beautiful. It totally sounded like he thought my American dress was just plain nasty. of course he realized this and said, "oh you look very nice in this too, but it's not as nice as the African dress!"

So here is Rachel's pink dress and my VERY LOUD dress. You might think they are both loud actually. Ummm, the loud one is the green one. Craig told me that I couldn't but the material unless I promised to wear it back home. Shah! Are you kidding me!! I'm so wearing that dress. I don't care what ya'll think back home:) Rachel is also wearing her green dress in one of the pictures with me. The orange dress that I'm wearing, I bought over my Christmas trip up north. I'm in the picture with my friend, Geri Holbrook who's husband was employed for our church. The woman was a bead lover and man I'm hooked now too! I just loved her!! She and her husband have now left for home about a couple of weeks ago after being here for 3 years. This was her favorite dress that I wore, so I thought I'd share it with you too.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Girl! You look stunning! Little Rachel looks adorable!

Kristine said...

Those dresses are so beautiful! You look amazing Sarah! Good luck with the final weeks of your adventure!

Anonymous said...

what will you... drink?

Ute Family said...

Ok sorry, I've been in KS for the past 2 weeks so I've had some catching up to do on your blog. And girl, I LOVE those dresses. Do Ya Thang! And I must say, you look absolutely adorable in the picture where you are wearing the orange shirt. What a hottie!!!