Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Akosombo Pictures Part II

Ummm......there was this statue in the restaurant area. My kids didn't quite know what to think of it. They loved the baby but were curious to what the woman was grabbing. We told Rachel to pose, so she thought she'd just do the same thing. it's a good leaning post.
It just looks like a rainforest!
More beautiful river
After we left to head on the mountain road, heading towards Aburi we passed this town. I thought it waas so cool. I think the town's name was Atimpoku, but I'll get clarification from Craig. This is what the towns and cities look like by the way.
This tree is HUGE! I think it's one of the largest of it's kind here in Ghana. I'll once again get clarification from Craig. He remembers those facts. I just take pictures and remember "wow what a large tree!"
These are palm nuts that grow on palm trees. They use these nuts to make their palm nut stew. They pluck the red nuts and then mash them with a pestel until they are a paste. It takes forever. I have no idea why they do it.
I swear we feed him
Beautiful scenery along the river
a look at the restaurant and some lovely scenery again and of course my batik shirt
I have no idea why, but there was a random donkey that roamed the hotel grounds. He even came into the restaurant part when people were eating. Nobody takes him out either. He just does what he wants. Crazy


1 comment:

Ute Family said...

Ok sorry I've left so many comments. Anyway, I love the story about the statue...hilarious.

And that second picture is absolutely breathtaking. What an amazing place.