....so meet Harry. Or maybe I should have named his NASTY! So gross. The whole time I've lived here there have been big cochroaches outside at night on the wall, but I've never seen them inside. that would be because they've never been inside. However, they found a way and have been coming in late at night. Around 11pm my friend and I turned to see one run into the living room! I FREAKED out! Grabbed two bottles of Raid, one for each hand, and sprayed like I've never sprayed before. It took about 10 min. of spray..chase..spray...where did it go?..there it is!....spray....ssppppppppppprrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! It finally died. They're huge too. The picture doesn't do them justice because they shrivel a little upon death. This guy was smaller too. I've seen them about 3 in. in length outside and thankfully they haven't been more than 1 1/2 in. inside the house. They're legs are long so that they are raised off the ground more than I would prefer them to be and it also enables them to run fast ;/ I hoped my raid nights wouldn't become habit, but sure enough the next night I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed and this little sucker was on the floor. the next morning, I awoke and walked out from the bedroom to the hall and there was one there on the floor in front of me. I called Craig over to kill it cause I'd had enough and he said, "oh yeah, there's one in the bathtub too, would you like me to kill that one too?" NERR! 2 hours later and friend stopped over, went into the bathroom and came back out saying there was a giant cochroach in there on the floor!!!! Okay...........infestation??? They must have spread the word that the wrath of madusa was coming because I got some strong cochroach repellant that is strong enough to kill a rat and was going to put it down in the house in various locations, but only after I found another roach. No cochroach. I get like 5-6 in 2 days and then nothing. I won't complain. I haven't seen them since, but let's just say that after #3 I almost started crying. I've dealt with spiders, and ants, and lizards, but this cochroach thing was the last straw for me. Just couldn't handle it. I continue to search high and low for them everyday and am satisfied to not find anymore. Believe me, when i find another one.....you'll know!
se.



3 comments:
After seeing that I don't feel too bad about the war I am losing with the little black ants out in the garage! Ella is sitting in my lap and keeps asking me if it is a spider.....I told her it was a big bed bug that would come and get in her bed if she didn't hurry up and get back up to bed. If I'm not careful I am going to end up paying for a lot of thearapy for my kids. I have finally figured out what a blog is...it was great checking up on you guys! Jake
HA HA HA! I was laughing out loud by myself in the late evening hours on this one. I know it's horrible, but I could TOTALLY hear you telling the whole story. I LOVE that you write that way!
I'm sorry. That is so awful. I hate fast, creepy, crawly bugs. It freaks me out. Glad they're gone though! I guess they knew what was coming to them. Don't mess with Da Woman!
Post a Comment