Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Eshun Family

Our friends Kingsley and Gloria Eshun are the couple that own the orphanage and school that I've posted about previously. We invited them over for dinner and I made them soft tacos with guacamole and homemade salsa. I wasn't sure what they would think of it, but they loved it! Go Mexican food!!! It was funny because they didn't know what the tortilla was. I showed them how to eat with it, but they still didn't get it, so they dumped all the inside stuff out and ate it with their fingers. I told them they are supposed to eat it and then it clicked! So they ate the tortilla separate! At least I thought it was funny! (I also made tacos for the elders (missionaries) in our ward and they were so excited to try food from home. There were 4 of them and 3 of them are from the states. The other missionary is from Nigeria and he said that he has decided to marry a Mexican woman. So, I'm on the lookout for a good mexican woman who will cook good mexican food for a cute Nigerian boy!---after his mission of course)
Anyway, the Eshuns are going to come in 2 weeks to teach me how to make fufu and peanut soup. I'll have some great pictures of that!!!!
Below : back row Kingsley, Gloria, myself
front row Gene (eldest), Donald (second), Rachel, Marian (third), adopted girl (I can't remember her name how bad is that! They recently have taken her in to the orphanage and are personally taking care of her now.
very front row is Junior (youngest)



Da brothahood
All the cute kids! I tell ya, Ghanaians only have cute babies and kids!


1 comment:

Ute Family said...

They ARE adorable. I love the way their skin looks soooo smooth.

Sorry, I'm probably going to comment on every post you did. I just have a lot to say!