Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Not everything is peaches and cream!
So I'm taking a short detour from Togo to send this. I'll update it, but we've had a crazy 2 days. Yesterday our power went out around noon and didn't come back on until about 7:15am today. So we went through our first night without power. The power goes off often, but is always back on before we go to bed, but not this time. IT WAS SO HOT!! Spencer cried all night long. The only way I could get him to stop was to tell him that if he kept crying, he might wake up the babies that live next door and I gave him some water (warm water). Also, the water has been out since yesterday around the same time. It came back on this morning but only at the pump outside. We were able to fill up 2 buckets before it was shut off again. that's enough water to do some dishes and flush the toilet a couple of times. so needless to say....I SMELL HORRIBLE!! It's not that big of a deal, but you have to know that although I get to see cool things like waterfalls, I also take the bad with that. And to see the waterfalls and places like Togo, you have to be willing to take public transportation (which is always longer, hotter, and a lot less comfortable), to stay in places you're not too sure about, to get bit by mosquitos because you don't have nets to sleep under, to pee in the gutter and bushes, and to go hungry until you can find food, etc. In the end, it all evens out and it's worth every hardship that you go through. To explain the lack in blogging that will occur, Craig got onto the computer yesterday to check some things and his desktop was wiped out. All his documents were missing and we have no idea how to retrieve them. So he has taken over the computer trying to fix things. He saves everything on back-up drives so he only lost about a week's worth of stuff. So he's just downloading info, but back-up stuff to a new account to work on and saving other info. to back-up disks, etc. I had to demand the computer for an hour to check my emails and stuff. Hopefully, he'll be able to get settled again and then I'll continue the Togo story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
PS, did you know that there are a number of websites that will turn your blog into a hardbound book? Natalie told me about it, but then recently Kim Bunton actually did it. She said it is super easy and looks awesome. So keep blogging... and you will have a neat little book of your experiences there when you are done... won't that be cool!!
-Tracey
Post a Comment