So after leaving the chateau or castle we hiked back down to the village where we had started our rainforest hike and then proceeded to hike to the next village where we could find a taxi.
GRANDPARENTS! YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO READ ANY FURTHER!!!!!!!!!
Raphael told us it would be easy to find one. I guess we just misinterpreted what he meant by taxi. When we arrived there were some guys with motorbikes standing there wanting to know if we needed a ride. We said no and that we were waiting for a taxi. "Motos are taxis here."
We said, "well, we're waiting for a car!" They proceeded to tell us that we would never be able to get one of those up here and they weren't kidding. We waited for a half hour before deciding to just do it. Now, I'm not totallly careless! I was very nervous for my kids! We told them to drive carefully and hoped for the best. Rachel went with Craig and Spencer went with me.
Our room was on the third and final story of the hotel. We had to walk on the roof of one section of the hotel to get to our room and when we walked out we saw this sunset! Ana took this picture. It was awesome! We just haven't really seen sunsets in a while. I've showed you the sunsets we've seen previously in other blogs, but every sunset is the same. They are beautiful, but I miss the constant change of the midwest sunsets. They were always different and unique to themselves. We were just excited to see multiple colors in the sky!!! After Kpalime, we travelled south to Lome, the countries capital and a place where we could find car taxis:) (However we still used motorbikes on occasion because it was just so much fun!)


3 comments:
Sounds like quite an adventure. I can't believe all of the fun things you are doing. I bet you'll be so sad to leave in so many ways!
I hope you figured out my blog. Sorry it's to weird. You guys are having so many adventures. I am a little jealous!
You did a great job describing your ride on the "motos"... it did seem dreamy... wow. Love those cool wooden chairs... wouldn't that be cool to come back with one?
Post a Comment