Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ants become us!

About once a week, we find a huge trail of ants leading somewhere. I do my best to clean up and wipe everything down, but somehow they manage to find something they want. I know this is disgusting and I was pretty grossed out when I first got here, but this is just how it is. They cannot be defeated. If I really thought about it, there are probably millions living inbetween my walls as we speak. The people here just ignore them. I don't know what they do when they find trails in their houses, but as for us, I find the trail and Craig brings out the finger of death. The the ants go away for a couple of days and then there is a trail again. Sometimes they won't come back for a week!
These ants had come from the ceiling (we're on a second story) and down the pillar above, onto the counter and then down this bottom cabinet and into the trash. Usually they want nothing with the trash, but I guess they wanted it this day and the trash happened to be pushed up against the cabinet. They're small so look carefully.
ALSO: about the egg stew: you can add vegetable to it if you want. I made it again last night and added fresh garlic, carrots, and green peppers and it was even better!

No comments: