As part of our vacation in the Cape Coast region, we went to see some famous slave castles. The Elmina Slave Castle and the Cape Coast Slave Castle. The Elmina castle was owned and used by the Dutch and Portuguese (but obviously not at the same time). The Cape Coast castle was owned and used by the British. We took the tour at the Elmina castle, the more famous of the two, and walked through the Cape Coast castle. It's really difficult to comprehend what the slaves had to go through. After seeing the dungeons and the amount of space they were allowed to have and hearing about what they did to the slaves, it's really unbelievable that people could be so cruel. Most of the pictures are from the Elmina castle. This is obviously the doorway leading to the male slave dungeon.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Vacation part II
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, that is unbelievable...I can really be ignorant sometime. I just pretent bad things never happened so I'm not sad all the time. That really gets you thinking how great our life here really is!!
You win the award for coolest content on the blog!! I LOVE reading this fun stuff about you guys! Although I think pictures of Craig in Jail might have been fun, too! :)
This is Lucy, I can't remember my password!
Hi Sarah!
It was great meeting you today and fun to catch up on your experience thus far in Ghana on the blog. Lots more fun to come, I'm sure!
I have kept up a blog too, if you want to check it out: www.xanga.com/crossing_cultures.
Hope to see you again soon!
Loreli (Lori)
Post a Comment