Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was two weeks ago, but uploading pictures has proved to be more difficult than I would like to admit! On my birthday, I did laundry! I was lucky in that I didn't have to handwash it. Our friends were kind enough to let us use their washer and dryer. They have a man named Eric who works for them as a driver. He is also their friend as well as ours. He is so nice. Anyway, he overheard me talking to Ana (our friend's daughter) about their coconut palm trees and what coconuts taste like. He came over and asked if I'd like to try some coconut! Sure! So up the tree he went, just like that! He climbed the tree and then proceeded to chop coconuts down with a machete.


Once on the ground, he chopped off the hard outer layer and cut the top off so that we could drink the coconut milk.
Spencer didn't like it very much.
Apparently Rachel thinks she's a cat.
This is the only picture I have of the actual coconut fruit. Rachel didn't know what to think of it. I didn't reallly like the milk too much, but did the best acting job I could. After all, climbing a tree is hard work! I wouldn't want him to think his efforts were in vain!
The only sad part to the tale is that Craig missed all the fun. Our car was having problems with the brakes so he was at the shop getting them fixed.

No comments: