Monday, March 31, 2008
killing time
I am just sitting here trying to kill some time before bed. Tomorrow we are leaving to go up to the Volta Region of Ghana. It's only a few hours away and said to be the prettiest region in Africa. It has the largest man-made lake in the whole world in this region and Ghana's tallest waterfall and highest peak (don't hold your breath, their mountains seem like BIG hills to us). We're so excited to just get out of Accra to a more quiet and peaceful area. The coolest part of the whole trip is that 2 days ago we just decided to heck with it, let's go to Togo too. Togo is the bordering country and just a hop, skip and a jump away from the waterfalls I mentioned previously. Togo is a french speaking country and ewe too. It has actual mountains and as it says in the guide book, Tarzan type jungles. Our friend who is fluent in french is going with us, so no worries there. Oh I'm so stoked. We're only going for 2 days, but you'll laugh at the reason why I'm so stoked. Yes, yes I'm really excited to see how beautiful it is, but most importantly the FOOD! That's all everyone talks about (those who've gone) is the food. They say it's so good and so worth it! Now don't get me wrong, Ghanaian food is good too. But I guess that it doesn't even hold a candle to the food in Togo. At least for 2 days I will eat well :) Like I need that anyway, but who cares! I will post pictures and update you when we return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey! when are you guys leaving? Because we are coming to Africa on vacation!! I am going to email you to get some info!! Love and miss you guys!!
Post a Comment