jumping on grandpa (yes, I told them to be gentle)....
Grandma refusing to let her grandchildren have a photo memories of her....
We went to SpringMill State Park. There is actually a village there that once existed there and they fixed up the buildings for tourism. A few had to be moved there from other areas of Indiana to stand as replicas or to give examples of what the whole village may have looked like. The cemetary still exists there too. It's quite cool. You have a weaver, a pottery house, a soup shop, apothecary shop, the original mill that still grinds corn meal today that you can buy, etc. They have volunteers who run all these little shops and then they sell what they make at the mercantile shop to profit the village. It's really quite cool. I bought some corn meal there and made some corn meal muffins. Quite tasty too.
This is the mill..



1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I can't believe you have an 8 year old!!!! Yikes! COngrats RAchel on the baptism!!!!
Hope you guys are all doing well!! When are you coming back to Utah for a visit?!! Maybe we should head your way! I've never been!
Post a Comment