Monday, May 3, 2010

Okay something current

Sorry I don't have pictures for this one. Just a funny conversation that I had with my daughter. On Saturday, May 1st I ran in a 5K and then afterwards we all did a family 2K walk. While we were walking, Rachel was asking tons of questions about the people walking next to us. She asked why one man was in a wheelchair, or why people weren't talking, or why a lady brought her dog, so on and so forth. The best was when we were walking next to a young couple (friends, dating, I don't know), and Rachel says, "Mom, why does that man have so many muscles on his knees? I looked back to see that this young man was VERY fit. You know, the ones who work out all the time. I just started laughing. I told her that he had muscles around his knees and on his knees because he exercises a lot. (obviously, she's not accustomed to seeing this in her family:) I looked back again and started laughing and the guy smiled and said, "what?" So I told him that she wanted to know why he had so many muscles on his knees. They both just laughed and then he thanked her for the compliment because it made his day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

yes, I would have loved to see a picture of the muscley-knee man. That is so funnY!