Currently in Ghana we are enjoying the entertainment of the Africa Cup of Nations. For those who don't know, it's a football (soccer) tournament between different countries in Africa who've qualified to compete. Ghana is hosting it. It's actually quite amazing. They just finished the quarter finals and this Thursday will be the semi-finals. Ghana is still in the tournament and we're hoping for a win. Craig and I have had the opportunity to go to 2 matches. They were soo much fun! Below left: ready to go in our game gear. Go Ghana! Below right: me, Craig, Ana, Kwesi, Jeff, and Katie.



To the left: the crowd was cheering the players on as they came out to warm up on the field. Below: The Ghana Black Stars warming up. We sat about 5 rows back from the field at our first game. Great view, except for the plexiglass.

I

I must say, this is very "crafty", but the black underwear is sooo not sexy, yeah? There was a bunch of guys all painted up and decked out like this. All in their underwear of course. This guy was my favorite. I thought his outfit was the most creative. On his bum he had written Ghana.
3 comments:
Looks pretty exciting. Loved the picture of the painted guy. He must really be a fan if he's put the word "Ghana" on his bum!
Sarah!
It's andrea sayer here, and I found your blog through samye's!! How are you? I love your blog and think it is so awesome that you guys are in ghana! what an adventure! well, keep in touch! I will be checking in on your blog in the future!
This reminds me of a Quidditch game.
Love,
Andrea
Post a Comment