I set this up a while ago, but Craig has had difficulties typing over in Ghana and I am waiting to get access to pictures to post. It's not going anywhere so here we are. Since leaving Bloomington I've traveled to 3 different states. Kansas, Georgia, and Iowa. I'm currently living in Kansas with my parents (I know!). I've been living here since August and we are scheduled to leave for Africa on November 19th. Craig was here for about 2 weeks before he left for Ghana on September 23rd. He's been there for almost a month. We are still homeless I've been told, but attention, attention....we have a car. Not far off from what we own here in the states either. It's a red 1997 Hyundai Elantra. Craig is has not officially started his research because he's been working so hard to find us a home. From what Craig has told me so far, we can have dial-up internet, but no hot water! Hey, it's hot there right? It'll probably feel good. I can't write anything entertaining on Africa as I'm not there yet, but I can tell you what the kids and I have been up to.
Rachel has had a major haircut. We cut off 8-10 inches! As soon as the pictures are developed, we're going to send it off to Locks of Luv. She also had a birthday in September and turned the big 5! She is attending a local preschool here and then once we're in Africa she'll attend the MamaWaite Preschool. It's very prestigious!
Spencer turned 2 just before we left Bloomington. He is currently troubled with an owie on his thumb. He's a thumb sucker and has a massive blister on his thumb from sucking too hard or too much. I'm not quite sure, but it's now infected. Yeah. On a better note he is now venturing off with his vocabulary. Not at an alarming rate mind you. He now says don't, stop, and that's mine. He says a few others, but you hear those 3 a lot when his sister gets in a teasing mood.
I've been hangin' in there. I'm almost finished with an independant study class that I started when I got here. Just a few more exams and it's over. Whew! I attended a wedding in Georgia in late August and have been traveling around to visit family. I'm truckin' along with the Africa preparations all the while helping out here at home. My parents have decided to add on and do a little remodeling to their kitchen before I leave. I'm wondering if it's being done so soon because I'm here and can do all the hard labor for them. Hmmm?
I'm excited to go to Africa. I think it will be a great adventure with many wonderful and many not so wonderful experiences. I am a social bug and do hope that I can make a couple of friends to keep me sane! Craig says that they have built a store that is similar to a wal-mart. It's about the 1/4 size of a regular wal-mart, but you can get all the things you would need: diapers, shampoo, soap, etc. All of course at a hefty price. He's also been to a couple of good restaurants and attended some great musical performances. I've also been told that the traffic is equal if not worse than LA traffic. There's always the pluses and minuses.
Well, I hope I haven't bored you too much. I promise that life will get much more interesting once we're there. I'll also post some pictures once I receive them. We miss all our dear family and friends and wish you the best!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment