Thursday, October 18, 2007

What year was this car made?

Okay, so I bought a car in Ghana. I'll attach some pictures so you can see what I got. The title and registration say that the car is a 1991 Hyundai Elantra. My mechanic, the oguy who sold me the car, told me that it is a 1997. But I'm convinced that it is much newer than that, based on the idea that Sarah and I own a 2000 model in the US, and this one is almost exactly like that. What I do know is that it was imported into Ghana in 2001, listed at that time as a 1991 model, and I now have the legal title under my name. My friend suggested that upon importation of the car, the importer probably listed it as a 1991 in order to save money on customs duties. That makes complete sense. So, you be the judge. Is my car a 1991, 1997, or 2000 Hyundai Elantra?

No comments: