Monday, October 22, 2007

Our Home

Well, we've found our home! Craig has been searching for a place to live for a month now and it's really paid off. He found this place up in Legon which is a suburb of Accra. Isn't it just beautiful!!! I'm so excited! It's like $1000 a month though. ouch! But it has 4 bedrooms and the rooms you've seen. I think there's like 2 bathrooms, maybe 3. I can't remember what Craig said, but it has a huge patio too. Sorry, no picture of that.


This is the front door/garage view
my big and spacious kitchen
dining room
bathroom....i love the shower. it looks pretty cool.
and the living room
What do you think??? Jealous? Our huge home in a tropical location. Can't beat that!
Just kidding.........
Yeah right. This is our home. It's $400 a month and a one bedroom.
view of the outside of the apartment. it's above some businesses. It's the window on the left.
my big and spacious kitchen
the living room
and the bathroom
last, the bedroom


This place looks like it needs the super cleaning woman Sarah. I told craig that the bathroom kinda gives me the creaps. No worries, nothing that a BIG bottle of bleach couldn't handle. This place is just more in our price range. it's a one bedroom, one bathroom. Craig sent me this email with pictures of 3 different places from different price ranges and told me to pick whichever one I wanted. Then in a separate email he told me that we really couldn't pick the really nice one. yeah, I didn't find his little joke funny either. It really showed the DRASTIC differences between the nice one and the cheap one, I tell you what. It really put it all in perspective. He really has been looking for a month. It's taken a really long time. He's planning on signing a contract this week and will hopefully move in on Saturday. (I secretly hope that he'll clean it too before he moves in.) To tell a little bit about it, it's located in Accra, the city and is within walking distance to the archives where Craig does his research. It's also on top of some businesses so there's an internet cafe below us in the same building and the market is right out in front on the street so if I want some fresh fruit or lively conversation with other adult human beings (you can understand that conversation with children can only last so long before you're in need of some adult chit chat), I just have to walk out my front door. Anyway, I thought you might find it funny too. More details later!


5 comments:

Mad Queen said...

You totally got me! I fell for your little trick, hook and sinker. I was like, "wow, if they have to live in Africa, they get to live it up... nice place"... and then I saw the reality pictures. Oops. Nice of Craig to give you options... ha!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, Sarah!

I really thought that was your new home! I was jealous!

xoxo,
Andrea

curtis and linda said...

Wow, Are you sure you cant come up with the $1000? Oh well, its only 9 months and a little bleach. At least there are bars on the windows, LOL. It will be fine Sarah. I'm sure it will be very exciting and you will have the best stories to share with the rest of us. I look forward to your blogs once you get there. I cant wait to see how you like it and to hear about all the different customs.

Natalie said...

Sarah! I love your blog - I'm so glad you started one. I fell for your trick, too. I can't wait to see more pics and hear stories of your African adventures!

(Oh, it's me - Natalie Hoopes, aka Moody Blogger)

Megan said...

Who wants to have the Africa experience in a nice place like that anyway? I mean, if you're going to be in Africa, you might as well live like everybody else, not like an American.