I had just checked into the room. I dressed quickly and went out into the hall, threw my hands into the air and said, "I'm ready!" in a sing-song voice. I have no clue if the nurses thought I was sane but I got a laugh out of them. The good thing about c-section (if a c-section can be good) is that I know when I'm having the baby. So, I did my hair and put on make-up so that my "I just had a baby......smile!" shots wouldn't look like I just had a baby (you know, all sweaty, red-faced, exhausted...why the 'h' are you taking my picture? picture).
Craig and I played UNO while we waited and got the IV.

I'm just about to go into surgery and they put this shower cap on my head. So this is my sexy shower cap pose.

Here she is! I don't know why she had to have oxygen.

This is what I call her "peek a boo" picture.

Our first picture as proud parents. You know...I will say that my little girl and I had a special bond from the moment she was born. I knew that she knew who I was. She was screaming and screaming while they checked her and took stats and then finally swaddled her. Craig was holding her and talking to her and she's still screaming....BUT as soon as he put her next to my head and I started talking to her......she stopped. She was calm the whole time I talked with her and then Craig lifted her up again and she started screaming again. So, he held her close to my face so that I could talk to her and she stopped screaming again. The only sad thing about that is that I was so overcome with joy that she was here and I just felt so touched that she really knew me that I just wanted to hold her and couldn't.

Now, the adreniline rush is finally goin'. Can you tell?



My friend, Ashley is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital and that night they actually made her a post-partum nurse so she asked if she could be my nurse! What are the odds? It was meant to be. We had fun and talked all night.....I was still on a rush.

She got to wash Eliza's hair for the first time and give her a bath.

With all the junk finally removed...we could tell that her hair kinda curls just like Rachel's did. I really hope that she has curly hair like Rachel's as a toddler!

The funny thing is that Ashley has 3 boys so when it was time to re-swaddle and comb her hair, she didn't know what to do, so she combed it like a boys. HA!
1 comment:
Sarah, those pictures are really neat. I love that you bonded so quickly with her. I had a similar experience with Jess. I love those 2 pics of you with her. You look so pretty and not at all like you just had surgery. I can't believe how calm you were going in for a c-section. Only you..."All right! I'm here! Let's get this ball rollin'!" Miss your guts.
Post a Comment