I was really scared about going to Ghana, especially taking my two children. The fear of the unknown has gripped many a person, but I was beyond fear. I was terrified.

Craig gave me a blessing to calm my fears and I traveled to the land of plantains, coffee, and cocoa on lots of faith and hope.

In the end, I am SOOO thankful that I went. I met some of the most amazing people, Ghanaian and non-Ghanaian, I traveled to beautiful exotic villages throughout Ghana and Togo, and I experienced many crazy adventures in the markets, interacting with locals, riding public transportation, etc. I loved every minute, well not every minute, of it and will cherish these memories forever.

I'm so thankful for blogs so that I can keep my memories close and always within touch. Thank you to everyone who read my blogs and who helped to make my trip easier.

Thank you especially to my dad who flew to Ghana with me to help out with the kids on the airplane and to explore my first week of Ghana with me to make sure that his little girl would be safe there. I love you dad!
Nante yie Ghana, yebehyia
nante yie (nantay eeay) yebehyia (yabayshia)
In Twi, farewell is nante yie, meaning walk well and yebehyia, meaning we'll meet soon.
11 comments:
Sarah I have loved reading about your trip. Thanks for a small glimpse of Ghana. Kath
Wow...those are some professional-looking pictures. Amazing adventure. Craig is lucky to have you...as am I now! Keep plotting. I'm working on things from my end...(trailing off doing an evil laugh).
Sarah, you are so gorgeous and you are so brave. Craig is so lucky to have you. I love that you went! It's a great experience that not many people ever get to have. I loved seeing and reading about your adventures.
What a memory to cherish!
What a great final post on your Africa experience. Seriously, it really is one you won't forget. If you want to have your time there even closer to you go to blurb.com and turn your blog into a book. I look at mine all the time and Lydia loves looking at all the pictures.
Glad you had a blog...I feel like I was there with you in Africa. What an amazing experience!
What a great experience for your family. Love your pictures....thanks for sharing :)
I don't know why, but seeing these pictures made me teary... maybe I am happy to hear you enjoy something that was so frightening to you beforehand... maybe the picture of you dancing with the natives with a big smile on your face tickles my anthropologist heart... maybe because in my own cultural living experience I realize that someday this will all be over and all you will have left are the memories. Thanks for sharing your memories Sarah... they are priceless!
Sarah awesome post. This is Ryan Jensen I lost all Craigs contact info so thanks for the email. My family blog is liz-jensen.blogspot.com I'll contact him soon Thanks Ryan
Man, I am so glad that you have a blog that keeps me up to date with what you are doing since it has almost been a year since you were in Ghana!!!!!!!!!!! Freakin' update your blog already!!!!!!!!!! Once a month is not too much to ask for?
Dude. Update your blog.
Seriously. Update your blog.
Oh my gosh.
Post a Comment