Sunday, December 7, 2008

Saying goodbye to dear Ana :(

To say goodbye is not an easy thing. Ana you have forever touched our lives and think about you often. I knew that any friends I made in Ghana, I would have to say goodbye and that things would never be the same. It's the way it always goes. i hope that all my dear friends from this trip will be close always. Ana was the first to go from our little group so we celebrated with dinner at a very typical obruni place. As you can see it had a TV playing soccer of course and pool tables in it. You could actually order mexican food! it didn't quite taste the same, but no difference... it was mexican food!!!! Ana is a MAJOR Lakers fan, esp. Bryant fan. She loves to read about sports almost just as much as Craig. He knew that she HATED the Spurs so in honor...of course he had to wear his jersey (authentic, the real deal bought for $7 on the street. we have no idea how they got these jerseys). Please scroll down to see her reaction to this high offense! Craig, Susan (dear Susan!), and myself

Me and Ana and Rachel

Jeff and Katie. this is such a good picture of you two! Jeff and Katie are soooo wonderful! Katie was my walking buddy and Jeff tried to teach me Twi. He did his job, I didn't do mine :( Thanks Jeff, you really are a great teacher. If anyone needs someone to play with your kids....I would hire these two. They're the best, but they might charge money for their work! It would be worth it though. The kids miss them terribly.


Ana's reaction to Craig's jersey. Classic. It's a "WHat on Earth are YOU wearing!" face.




THe girls! These are my gettin' sweaty, smelly, but lovin' girls. we saw each other at our very worst but still love each other!!



Spencer is showing off his moves for Ana. Who knew that he could do that!




After dinner we all came over to our house to eat dessert and say our goodbyes. We had one last tumble play....








one last bedtime story....





and then it was time to say goodbye. I didn't include any pictures of us all crying. Why would you want to see that. I just want ana to know that we love you soo soo much and thank you for being there for me. Thank you for the laughs, the yoga, the latin dancing or watching you latin dance, the cooking fun, the cloth shopping, hip hop dance night, sleep overs (Craig would leave for a week for research in another city and Ana would come and stay with me and the kids so that we weren't alone), movies, late night talks, and friendship. I just love ya and want you to know that. Go Berkely Law (please tell me I spellled that right!)!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know we charged for playing with your kids...KT always has hoarded the money from me though. Oh by the way, it looks like your son will be quite the gymnast!

Jeff

Megan said...

I can tell you will never forget all these wonderful people...Hopefully it's not goodbye forever!

Amy said...

Yo. Looks like you all had an amazing adventure. Go to Blurb.com and make a book of it!!! Great pics.