Monday, October 13, 2008

Osekan Restaurant

While in Ghana, we were able to go out to eat to a couple of restaurants. This is the Osekan Restaurant. It was situated on the rocks, over the ocean. Very beautiful! however, while eating there, a couple of guys came half-way through our meal waiting time(which when you go out to eat in Ghana you have to expect a 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait for your food), two guys showed up and sat at the table next to ours. The main guy talking was obviously drunk and not from Ghana. Well, he claimed to be from there, but had like a South African accent so he's obviously lived away from Ghana long enough to have a different accent. Anyway, he was talking super loud so that everyone could hear him (you know the type that likes attention) and cussing up a storm to boot. He just kept using foul language (yes infront of my children) to the point that Craig got up and asked him to stop using such nasty language. Now, yes, Craig does have a hard time asking people in a very kind tone when they've been annoying him so much. So of course the guy told Craig to shove it somewhere and then proceeded to talk even louder and about us saying that we were racist and that white people like us are only in Ghana to try to take over and tell people what to do. His friend kept trying to change the subject and get him to be quiet, but to no avail. Craig proceeded to ask him again and then also to tell the management (which in Ghana...it really doesn't get you anywhere because they won't do anything). So things only got worse. in the end, we quickly finished our meals and I asked Craig to take the kids and go to the car while Ana and I payed the bill. (I knew that if I took the kids, it would be an ugly scene and I did fear for my husband). The man did comment rudly how my husband was leaving like a pansy and left the women behind to handly his job. As we left, Ana could not take it anymore and unleashed many words upon the man (loudly). It was awesome (like he's going to hit a girl right!?!). He apologized (sorta) for upsetting us but that it was Craig's fault blah blah blah. We left as soon as her comments were out of her mouth and as we reached the top of the stairs (you park on the cliff and then walk down rocky steps to the ocean level) I noticed that the men were getting up. We got into the car and as we were pulling away the men entered the parking lot as if they were searching for something. Honestly, i think that they were looking for us and wanted to beat Craig up. Little did they know that Ana and i would have karate chopped them with our black belt skills. Please.....I'm glad we left safe and sound.
Other than the rude man, it was a beautiful scene and tastly dinner.


Oh silly Rachel..........
Anners and I
What a cute family. Rachel is holding up her birdie friends. Yes, she had imaginary friends in Ghana. She has the silliest poses.
moonlight on the ocean

This is at the top of the stairs, looking down upon the restaurant. Our table was on the right of the picture, the 3 table back. The rude guys sat at the table diagonal from us. You can just barely see the corner of it.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Tell Craig I am soooo impressed with his self-control. I know he can keep his cool in those kinds of situations, but I seriously was ready for a hide-beatin' when I read "he got up to ask the guy to stop." Wow. What a great guy!

Erin said...

What a gorgeous place. Too bad the occasion was marred by such a rude guy. But I love the picture of Rachel with her imaginary friends. I can just picture a little Cinderella with her talking bird friends.

Britanie said...

What beautiful scenery. I'm so glad you are sharing your stay in Ghana, a once in a lifetime opportunity. When are you guys headed to Idaho? We'd love to get together with you.

Ute Family said...

Oh my gosh, I would've been so nervous. I hate it when Jake confronts people...who knows when a person is going to pull out a knife and stab you, you know what I mean?

Anyway, I'm glad you made it out safe and sound with no injury :) The pictures are gorgeous!