Rachel and her cousin Katelyn.
craft table to make bracelets
my mom teaching and cousin of mine cat's cradle. She also brought this game called rig saw or something like that. You lace a string through a button's holes and tie the string together to make a circle. Center the button in the middle and then wind the button up by holding the string in each hand and making the button play jump rope and then when the string is twisted on each end, you pull the string on each end fast and it makes this sound as the button unwinds and winds back up. yeah, I'm sure that wii is way cooler, but this is all they had growing up.
There is always relay races. This is Rachel running with the 7 yr. olds. They race by age up to 50+. Once you hit the 20+ ages, they race by gender too. I almost won the 20-30 yr. old race. They also do 3-legged races, and some races where you hold a quarter to your chest with your chin and a ball inbetween your knees, the life saver and toothpick team races, and baseball is always a must at these reunions. My mom and her siblings always grew up playing baseball or rather softball.
For the little kids up to 10 yrs., there is always a sawdust hunt. You dump a large pile of coins, candy, and cheap toys in a giant pile of sawdust and let the kids go. It's crazy and messy, but they love it. It's my favorite memory of the reunions I went to when I was growing up. (also--because the sawdust is finer than sand, it's really hard to find the coins and the kids spend a VERY long time looking through the pile to get it all!)
They are always silly at these reunions. This is my Uncle Arden.
And of course, there is ALWAYS singing! This is my favorite part! I have loved this since I was a kid. My uncles always sang barbershop and they were good too! My Uncle Arlan is no longer alive and the others are getting too old, so now the sons of my Uncle Arlan sing barbershop. They're really good too and sing all over. They even sang for Pres. Hinckley!
Bottom row: Brenda, Thora, and Lois



1 comment:
It is Uncle Arden not Arlan. Dad has a brother Arlen but mom's brother was Arden. Just FYI. Stop posting pictures of me it just depresses me and how FAT I have gotten. I guess I will become anorexic (?) like most of the Utah girls out here.
Post a Comment