

Sometimes, if we're lucky, the weather will be sooo cold that it will freeze my parents pond over. This was a lucky year. Every Christmas that I can remember, after opening presents, we would go out and ice skate on the pond. My parents would go to Goodwill and get used skates for cheap and let us go! My brother's got into hockey games with their friends, so my parents started getting them hockey skates for Christmas. This year, my 2 younger brothers and their wives were home for the holidays so we all threw on some skates and headed to the pond. It was great! I'm not sure what my kids thought of it, but I certainly had fun. Poor Spencer, there were not any skates small enough :(

Christmas morning at my parents house. We have a tradition to always take a picture on the stairs before we go down to the tree to open presents. I love Rachel's hair!! Also, this was the first year that Spencer actually understood Christmas and was anticipating it for weeks! Just look at that face.





4 comments:
Ouch. That makes my ankle hurt. Oh the days of pushing you around in a wheel chair. Fun on the pond!
Ahh, the pond in the backyard! I loved those days when we had ym/yw activities at your house and the one where we went skating on your pond was so much fun!!! Good times!
Sorry about your ankle. That looks brutal!
Priceless photo of your cherubs on the stairs... I love Spencer's expression... way too cute! And sad foot. You are a die hard when it comes to your fav sport. Kudos!
Priceless photo of your cherubs on the stairs... I love Spencer's expression... way too cute! And sad foot. You are a die hard when it comes to your fav sport. Kudos!
Post a Comment