Saturday, July 11, 2009

Larry Reynolds Reunion in Branson and side trip to St. Louis

Some catch-up time. This post is from June of 2009.
So it begins. In June we started off with a family trip to St. Louis for a day with our friends the Browns and then on down to Branson to meet up with my family. As a kid we always vacationed in Branson and went to Silver Dollar City and would go to The Osmonds family show. We LOVED going to Branson. We'd do other things too. For most of us, it had been about 11 years since the last time we'd come and for some even longer. We were all pretty excited to show our spouses and kids (if we have them) our vacation stomping grounds. Without further adoo.

This picture is in St. Louis at the zoo.
Rachel feeding a baby giraffe a stick she found. (we got in trouble because apparently we're not supposed to do that!)

Anne and baby Owen!

Pretty awesome view huh! I love that you can see the arch. We had pretty awesome seats too.

The one and only Ryan himself and family.
Ryan and Anne Brown are the coolest people! Ryan is a mutual friend of Craig and I's and we all met in Jerusalem on the study abroad program. Ryan was a very good friend of mine and Craig's and we had never met his wife Anne or seen his 3 month old baby Owen (soooo cute!). She is amazing and I'm so happy I have her for a new friend! We had a blast. We went to the magic house for free for about an hour due to rain storms knocking out the power. When they kicked everyone out, the rain of course stopped and we went to the zoo which is free in St. Louis. It's actually a super duper awesome zoo too! After the zoo we went to a ball game. That's right, Anne scored some free tickets and we called Ryan's sister who lives in St. Louis too and she watched our kids for us. We saw the Cardinals play. It was just soo fun.

Waites of course.
Once we got to Branson we checked into our condos and went to a magic show. Actually he was an illusionist. It was AWESOME!!! I can't believe the things he did. This is Spencer and his cousin Ella. They are only 2 months apart. Yeah, we had to take this picture for laughs. No she is not standing on a step. Grow Spencer, grow!!
This is my niece Katelyn. So cute. She doesn't let very many people do her hair. I just finished putting pig tails in and told her to show her mom by saying "Ta da!" I snapped a pic of course.

my cute mom who will hate me when she finds out I put this on here.
Rachel and Kyler in front and Ella and Spencer in back. This is at Silver Dollar City. I miss it there. I recommend anyone to go. This is actually a new section they put in for little kids to have rides.
OOOHHHH! Aren't they just cute. My brother Josh and brother-in-law Coby.

Craig, Josh, and his wife, Jenny on the American Plunge. Yeah, they just got wet!


The next day, the moms and kiddies went to a butterfly palace while the MEN golfed. We watched a 3-D movie on butterflies and praying mantis. How they hatch and become what they are. In the end we watched the praying mantis kill and eat the butterfly. Hmmm. Probably not what I would have my kids watch right before they view a bunch of beautiful butterflies. They were all sad and very concerned about the poor butterfly.


Spencer modeling a chair that I need for my garden :)


Rachel was given a butterfly fresh from the cacoon. It stayed on her until it felt ready to take it's first flight. It actually stayed on her shoulder for about 30 minutes. She loved it!

This was my favorite butterfly there. In the light as it flies the wings change colors from this blue to violet and pink.
One of the nights in Branson we decided to use the pool at the condos. Rachel just loved her new goggles. :)
Our last day in Branson was filled with outlet shopping and then another show. We went to the Chinese Acrobats Circus show. WOW! They are amazing. Just plain awesome. This is Spencer sporting his I'm coloring in the car pose. We were on our way back to St. Louis for more Brown time. We were going to church with them before we were going to head back home.



2 comments:

Kath said...

It good to see you have finally updated. I was starting to lose all hope. We went back to Branson in October and it was still fun!!!!

Mad Queen said...

Hey, years ago, Glenn and I went to the same place for a baseball game... St. Louis is fabulous... we need to go back and see the Zoo and science museum.. I hear they are awesome... and love the pictures of Rachel with the butterfly :)