Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I'm going home in 2 days!!!!!!
Right now I'm at a friends house using the internet after 4 weeks of not getting to use it! \kinda funny but they're mission friends of Craig's: Jamie and Karen Gregson and the funny part is that they know our good friends Megan and Steve Nordstrom! They were in the same church ward in Provo. Weird! Anyway, England has been great! Everyone kept telling me before we left to just be prepared for it to be overwhelming because Ghana is sooooo laidback and different. I'd say, no no no, it won't. The only thing that i thought I'd struggle with is not sleeping under a net. i hate bugs and got accustomed to the thought that no matter what, I'm safe under this thing and not even a spider can get me. Well I was right. I was just so ready to go home and see everyone that I'm not phased at all. I didn't even notice that I wasn't under a net! I think I just look at things weird because I think "okay that's just how it is in Ghana, okay this is how it is here......". I think moving to Ghana was more of a drastic change for me but moving back has been easier than I even thought it would be. I guess I just REALLY wanted to move back home!!!!! I am so excited to see and hear from many of you and also to keep in touch with my new friends in Ghana whether Americans or Ghanaians. Thank you all for commenting and please don't give up on me, I intend to keep blogging! Love to you all! WE are safe and well and arrive on THursday night to Kansas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Safe Travels!! Can't wait to hear how the trip went!
Eventually back to Bloomington?
I can't believe you were just with the Gregson's I love Karen she is so awesome. I am so glad you are coming back. If you would, e-mail me their info. I would love to be able to reconnect. We used to go to the gym together! See you in a few weeks!
WELCOME HOME!!! It has been a joy reading about your experiences in Africa. I'm so glad you started this blog. Otherwise, we still wouldn't really know what was going on in eachother's lives. I keep telling Trienke she should start one.
Anyway, glad you're back and can't wait to see what your going to do next. I'm not sure I know where you're going to live now?!
So where in Kansas will you be? I remember one of my friends here in Lawrence said that she knew you. Was it Shelby? We would love to see you if you are near Lawrence!
Post a Comment